ramon

Anyone want to split a room in Panama City for the Swoop fest?

cmnorris and I are renting a Beach house a few miles from the competition site. I'll ask her if it's already full or not, but last I knew (She's the organizer) she was still looking for some more people to split the cost. I'll post back when I find out.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

PM me,

Ramon

Hey Ramon,

It'll be good to see you in PCB.

I've been meaning to ask you a question... I saw your pic in the recent Parachutist mag and I noticed that you were wearing a pair of motocross style pants. I just got a pair of those to take with me to PCB and I'm unsure about ankle protection with these pants: Do any swoopers use ankle protection or just keep ankles clear when sliding in? Motocross guys wear boots with these pants so they have plenty of abrasion resistance, but when I'm wearing sneakers the ankles are exposed.

Chris Warnock

Hey Chris

I have high waters too.;)

most other guys I've seen don't, theirs fit right. I just don't slide on my ankles. Never had any problems except for tearing the knees off of jumpsuits when I don't wear my motocross pants.

Hope to see you at PCB
ramon

"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Chris, the answer for ankle protection in your MX pants is to sew elastic to the bottoms, just like on a double-zipper jumpsuit. Pull your pants on, then pull whatever shoes you are going to wear over the top so that you don't tear up your elastic. As to shoes, wrestling shoes are fantastic, as are drag racing shoes is you want light weight. If you are a "runner", then make sure you have something with an arch. Personally, I generally compete in a pair of navy coral dive booties. They cover the ankles, but are extremely lightweight. The proper protection of legs and ankles is important when the course you are jumping ends in less-than-desirable surfaces (perris, ASC, etc).

That will not be a problem in Panama City, as the courses will be run on the beach. For those of you not in the know, there is no finer, whiter sand in the world as there is on that beach. It is like confection sugar. Truthfully, I doubt I will even wear shoes in this meet; certainly not in the boogie/festival jumps. I may compete in my MX pants, but only because all of my sponsor logos are sewn on them. Other than that, I will most certainly be jumping in my Tony Suit swoop shorts (long below-the-knee shorts like Team Extreme wears, only more stylish in my opinion).

Chuck

Bumping this because Tye and I are also looking for anyone that wants to split a room for the Panama City competition.

We'll be arriving Tuesday PM/Wednesday AM and leaving Sunday PM.

We can bring sleeping bags and mats, if needed.

My e-mail is listed in my profile.
TroyK

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow" - George Clinton

Troy-

I have a room reserved at the Summit condo-right next to the spinnaker club. I'll be at SDO Friday and Sat.

I'm trying to find someone in Florida to check in for us at 4 or 5pm on the 27th, I won't be able to be there until Midnight, I also plan on leaving Sunday A.M.