sldiveout

don't try to swoop like this

Glad to see so many people chime in on this.

I was at Eloy for the holiday boogie. The range in skill of folks just under stilettos was mind boggling. Everything from breathtakingly beautiful carves to taking your breath away sick-n-low snap 180 deg toggle turns-different guys landing in the same spot from the same load within a minute of each other. Luckily the worst injury that I saw involved only a grass stain and some pants.

It really is all about pilot skill, not what is over your head.

Look at the bright side:

When he busts his legs you can buy that nice new V-96 off him for a great price :ph34r:

I think the biggest problem, is people expect that technology can over-come their own skill deficiencies, 2 quotes you don't want to hear:
"Surely I must swoop further with the same canopy those guru's have."
Or, "Its not me its the canopy."

Its very easy to move onto new canopy's before you are ready, I almost made the same mistake. I was going to get my third canopy after making 20 jumps on the first (170) and 30 on the second (150). I guess its the usual thing of thinking I was far better than I really was. Now I can look back at my earlier footage and cringe, but at the time I was sure I was ready to take on anything! What a dumbarse I was!

"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

Some advise I got when I was thinking on down sizing.

I was thinking on going from a 190 sabre to a 170 after 100 jumps on my own gear. Now I don't know how much I weight in pounds but I was over 110 kgs. ( yes, another fat boy )
Basically I was asked if I had used my canopy to the full extreme ? At that stage I hadn't.

The advise was if I hadn't used my current canopy to the full extreme then when I did go to a smaller canopy, was I ready for the sharper turns and quicker flight ??

I didnt change my canopy until I knew it a lot better. It was over 150 jumps more, until I went to my current 170 sabre.

This is just my experience. I hope others can understand my banter:)

Jumpy Jumpy??