RSG

Another bad landing today

Hi All
Today, just before 2 hours, I jumped my PD190
I was the team's cameraman; it was a tail door (Ramp)
When we made liftoff in the plain it was about 10 knots wind speed, witch was good for me, but I was surprised when I approached the landing area, OOO wind speed
There was less than 2000 people watching, my flair timing was totally wrong, so I came on my face with my right hand upfront,
Yes I did hurt my hand but that was not the sad part, I was the only one from 9 skydivers who landed exactly in front of the stage (Today was a graduation ceremony) and everyone was clapping there hands for me , but for real I didn't deserve it.
I am looking forward to improve my landing way, but what to say; we have an ASPHALT DZ.

Please give me your thoughts about this issue; I am mentally not OK after this [unsure]incident especially in front of all these people :(

How current are you with that PD190, how old is it etc, its not the same canopy you have listed in your profile....So I'm guessing this was a demo special...
Any more details??
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Only problem with ZP is it can lead to having to run out more landings the F111 canopies do. Running out on asphalt is just asking for spills.

Why are you landing on asphalt? Why not dirt or even better grass?

With landings its better to land standing up then it is to land dead center on a demo.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Has anyone thought to use big(ish) hybrid canopies for demo stuff? Best of both worlds, ZP top skin, F111 bottom skin, like the PD Navigator. That's what I use for flag/banner jumps (a PD Navigator 300), and love how it doesn't just stall and drop like a F111 when trying to sink a landing and it doesn't try and plane out unless you really want to make it do that.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."