Staso

crossfire-119 at 1.25 wing load front riser turns

hi!

i have a friend who flies original crossfire-119 loaded approximately at
1.25. she complains that at that wing load the canopy doesn't want to
make front riser turn even if she hangs on it with all her weight. it does
turn but so slowly that she doesn't even bother doing any riser turns.
she does toggle hook turns instead which really worries me. she tried
crossfire-87 and didn't have any problem with riser turns on that canopy,
but she still flies her 119. can anybody flying crossfire at ~1.25 wing load
comment on that ?

thanks,
stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Hey Stan... is this a post fix Crossfire or one that was not recalled? If its a post fix the theme I kept hearing at the DZ was the pressure went WAY up from before and they were having trouble finding the sweet spot and holding it there again.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hey Stan... is this a post fix Crossfire or one that was not recalled? If its a post fix the theme I kept hearing at the DZ was the pressure went WAY up from before and they were having trouble finding the sweet spot and holding it there again.

i think it wasn't recalled. i'm not quite sure though. thanks for info.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Learning my front riser approaches with coaching help and was trying to do double fronts to find out that the brake lines were too short.

According to the rigger/canopy coach the brake lines on the stilletto were too short, the pressure was very high. I could do left and right dives, no more then just over 180, though. Trying to do a double front, I would do a pull-up on the dive loops. Note, I am a fairly big, very strong guy and I was doing pull-ups on the front risers with the canopy doing damn near nothing. Now that's high pressure!

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but you may want to check that, you never know.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Have her try a front riser turn )at altitude and in clear airspace) w/o the toggle in her hands. If the front risers are easier to pull down, then her steering lines are too short on the 119. The 87 may have have had the steering lines set up for front riser turns.

Hook

Have her try a front riser turn )at altitude and in clear airspace) w/o the toggle in her hands. If the front risers are easier to pull down, then her steering lines are too short on the 119. The 87 may have have had the steering lines set up for front riser turns.

Hook

it doesn't hard for her to pull front riser, she can pull it, but he canopy response
seems to be to slugish.

stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

Sluggish compared to what? It's certainly going to be sluggish compared to the 87, maybe someone with a bit more experience should jump the canopy and evaluate it for her.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.