skydive4play

Cobalt Vs. Comp. Cobalt

To quote an Atair rep from a couple of threads ago:

The CC is not a good parachute for an intermediate jumper. It dives much steeper and flies much faster. The stock Cobalt can be flown slow and easy without any problem, while still being a kick-ass swoop main at heavy wingloads. The CC can't be "dumbed" down. If I were a straight-up swooper looking at both mains, I would of course buy the CC. If I wanted a fantastic all-around main that I could fly the piss out of when I got used to it, then I would choose the stock Cobalt. Two different animals.

The largest Comp they were making was a 135. They fully explain the differences on thier website about cutting the nose back and moving the lines and stuff like that.

You can also mod your existing Cobalt to a H-Mod Cobalt if you like the size, but want it to dive steeper and faster. SkymonkeyOne can provide details on this mod for you.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I own an H-mod and a competition. The comp. model definetely dives steeper. The openings are better than the H-mod.
Certainly, to the point of gravity, the comp. model is not for low experience. Go for the regular model, and really get to know it, then move to Comp. The canopies are GREAT!