lazerq3

How do you fly that fast!!!

"hooks are fun and definately a crowd pleaser when done right, but the best speed comes from a long carving turn."

Forget about the crowd. The crowd caused me to leave a five inch divot where my face hit when I had 220 jumps thinking I could handle all aspects of high performance landings. Do it for yourself and no one else. Learn how to swoop slowly with someone who is more proficient there to guide you.

At 200 jumps I used to 180 it in all the time until I bounced it in. I'm barely back up to a nice carving 120 and usually only do a ninety. I still get decent surfs (especially up here at alti)...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

So I tried my first front riser swoop the other weekend... Ok so I started the turn a little low.....but I knew that so I was ready to anticipate it and still came out of the carve in time and set up for a really good surf but one thing I didnt anticipate was the speed at which the canopy flies!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! as soon as I came out of the turn I felt really good that I didnt burn it in but then I couldnt handle the speed !!!! Long story short I surfed about 30ft and then CRASH!!! four flips off the ground later I was thinking what the hell was I thinking.........

So how do fly a canopy in that fast...I mean are the inputs lighter at those speeds or what .....I think I gave too much to the right to compensate and that caused me to go sideways and crash....but how much input is needed when surfing to keep the canopy straight and level!???

jason

Jason,

All this should have been done a hundred times before doing it low. Then you would be comfortable with the higher speeds..

Bring it back up high and practice flying your wing at high speed.

Rhino