airdrew20012001

What does riser length have to do with it?

To me, as a five foot seven guy, I always use short risers so I can more easily get to my slider. As far as control range or anything else goes, I don't notice a difference. I run my brake lines terribly loose no matter how long the riser length, so it doesn't make a difference.
If you jump a tiny main and have to reach with one hand, unsymetrical for your slider, then your canopy is going to dive in the opposite direction. I can't stand that, so I jump SHORT risers.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

Having longer risors increases the amount of range you can move the toggles. The bottom end of this range is set by the length of your arms and the top end is set by how high the toggles are when up. Longer risors=higher toggles and more range. If you have them too long you may have trouble reaching the slider. I sold a canopy once set up with alot of slack in the brakelines and he put it on very short risors. Had trouble getting a good landing out of it until he realized he wasn't getting a full flare because of the shorter risors, his shorter reach (arm length), and the loose setting on the brakelines. The different length will also change where your connector links will lay in your container.
Opie
If your not on the edge, you can't enjoy the view!