NathanL100

Accuracy

I want to learn to be as accurate with my canopy as possible, so what are some good drills to learn to help me with landing on target every time in every condition (i.e. down wind, cross wind, etc...) ?
Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it

If it was me, I would do Hop-n-Pops and jump jump jump, working on just that. Try different approaches, crosswind, etc. BE CAREFUL! I wouldn't even attempt the different approaches till my numbers got up and my accuracy was spot on EVERY time going into the wind. And when you start doing the other type of approaches, do it in relatively calm winds, you don't want to end up coming in very fast and messing yourself up. It's not worth it.
Is this to practice to eventually get a Pro rating? If so, try doing some declared accuracy jumps after a while, tell a buddy to watch you and say you'll hit the center of the peas, or put a target for yourself out somewhere away from the normal traffic, etc. i.e. See if the DZO will let you spraypaint a small orange circle (1 ft diamater) in the grass somewhere away from stuff, you could even mark off different distances away from that to keep track of how close you're getting.
"I don't want to destroy your sweater, lets be friends and just walk away..."