rhino

Progression into Swooping

I am interested in knowing the suggested progression into swooping from qualified people like,
Hooksnswoopyourassat200milesanhourwhilepeople onthegroundareyellinghollyshitasyoubustthesoundb
arrierheadingthroughagrandhalfasecondfrombuzzingt hecontroltowerzoooooooooooooommmm!!!!!.. lol
Charlie Mullins gave me this advise when I asked him that question a while back. First he said
practice up high and learn the performance envelope of your canopy before you even start this progression.
- He said start with double fronts for 50-100 jumps
- Then move to a 45-90 degree front riser carve "leaving yourself an out" 50-100 jumps
- Then move to 90-120 front riser carves "leaving yourself an out" 100 jumps or more.
- Then 120-180 front riser carve "leaving yourself an out" 100 jumps or more. And on and on and on..
This was advise Charlie gave me.. More good info please!!
Rhino
Blue Skies and Smooth Rides!!

Another great peice of advice is to stay on the same canopy while learning all of this, don't downsize in the middle of learning. Don't switch canopies to a higher proformance model in the middle of your learning curve. If anything you should possibly step up a canopy size to allow your self enough canopy to deal with a low bail from a hook.
Cause I don't wanna come back down from this cloud... ~ Bush

I just went to a Xaos at 2.0 from a Stiletto at 1.6something. I think once you are pulling 270's or 360's and carving 45 or more degrees- You might be ready to downsize. Also- be comfortable downwind and landing at church functions, barbeques, and high school football games.
-Diveout

be comfortable downwind and landing at church functions, barbeques, and high school football games.

Most of the people that I know that do demos have big fat (relative to what they normally jump) canopies they use for that stuff...
"I'll take Famous Titties for 400..."