geanky

equipment opinions

yo! all you base freaks out there i need your opinions, i know that some might be biased but i want to hear everyone out.

opinions on the following, please:
1. perigee 2 container (consolidated rigging)
2. mojo canopy (consolidated rigging)
3. ace canopy (consolidated rigging)
4. medusa container (morpheous tech)
5. troll canopy (morpheous tech with atair)

thx and peace out!

learn to fly in 3d

I personally like all of Adam Filippino's gear...I have both a Mojo, and an Ace, and am happy with both...(although I have no experience under anything else). In my low time opinion (around 55 jumps on the Mojo, and 35 on the Ace) the Ace is the winner hands down...The zp top skin let's the Ace out perform the Mojo in every aspect, from opening and pressurization to touchdown flare...One of my BASE teachers is a rigger and a very experienced skydiver and BASE jumper, and has jumped other BASE canopies from different manufacturers.He swears by the Ace. He now has two, and won't jump anything else...Check the BASE Board (www.blincmagazine.com) archives, and gear reviews...You should be able to find other opinions there...Hope this helps...stay cool and keep a LOW profile..........704 *On another note, I would also recommend taking a look at www.vertigobase.com as Marta makes some great gear as well...
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Two pins is where it's at as far as I'm concerned . The perigee is a kick ass container . I have a pro now . I love the mojo too and have had no off heading openings in over 400 jumps on two different ones . I plan on trying a Troll canopy in the near future . The lowest I have taken this combo is 250'. Most of the crew I jump with use the perigee 2 and a mojo .

I personally would not recommend a pin rig for your first...velcro is much simpler, and subsequently safer for a beginner...Although I am just assuming that he is talkin' beginner stage...I apologize if my assumption is wrong...I also personally see no need for a pin rig at all for myself, unless we're talkin' sub 200' freefalls, and/or flying a wingsuit...
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

One more thing , learn what the word stealth means and never discuss sites with someone you have never met . Don't discuss sites on open forumns . Don't burn other peoples sites and don't sell tape to tv producers . If you decide to sell anyway , make sure in your contract that no face shots will be aired . Don't bring spectators with cameras to your site or you may end up seeing yourself on tv and hear a knock on the front door . Even if you have made your first jump , take a base course you will learn a lot . I still have a lot to learn after 700 jumps and have learned new things from jumpers with less jumps .