lordtime

Please advice freefly helmet

The Z1 alpha and Gath are both quite "light" and have not so good protection than Mindwarp or NvertigoX. Also if you plan to mount camera I'd look towards Mindwarp and NvertigoX because of tighter fit and more suitable structure.
http://www.ufufreefly.com

I am a bonehead fan and own two mindwarps. It's a good looking helmet and it easily adaptable for camera usage once you get to that stage. If you are going to get a camera right away, though, I think I would just buy the Optik since it has flat mounting surfaces and the chin cup as standard equipment.

Chuck

The Gath offers basically NO protection for your head, actually, the way it is designed it could actually localize the impact to one or two spots where the pads come in contact with your head. Which is of course the exact opposite to what you want a helmet to do.

IMHO buy a Bonehead, I finally got one a few weeks ago and I can say nothing but very very good things not only about the helmet but the people I dealt with from the factory in ordering it.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The boomerang is a pretty cool helmet, they're popping up at my DZ now. They were designed by Bonehead with freeflying in mind and from what I've seen, they work great for it. The lens is NOT movable, although it is detatchable. That is the biggest complaint I've heard about it so far. As for a camera, I wouldn't be able to answer that, I don't fly with a camera. One of the other guys who have a lot more knowledge in this area will have to answer that one for you.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Bonehead's helmet are better protection cause of the material used for building it, its carbon fiber if am not mistaken, its harder than kevlar and far much better than fiber glass or plastic. The mindwarp can be baked for custom fit and the new model has a great internal audible pocket that can fit any dytter and be protected by the hard carbon fiber shell.

What do you thing about new Boomerang ???

The boomerang is very light weight and has the best peripherical vision from all the full face I have tried (Z1, factory diver and oxygen), its comfortable and the liner can be baked for custom fit.

About the camera, I really dunno, only keep in mind that it was built for freeflyers knowing that they will use camera someday.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com