cobaltdan

Atair Video: 535lbs Cobalt 120

I jump with john Heady (the test jumper in the video) in suffolk. he gets pumped talking about how well the canopy performed at that loading. That canopy is awsome.
ATAIR keep doing what your doing. I have never flown a better canopy. I love mine
Thanks
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Maybe you could post your videos in a less proprietary format. MOV movies require that you have a whole special program just for viewing that one kind of movie. MPEGs or WMVs are much simpler to view.

Just a suggestion.:)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Quicktime is the best compression for quality there is out there now.... bar none. Quicktime can also play more then just .mov....

Formating is all up to the user, on a Mac you don't need anything. But this is one for the video fourms.

What was the chase person flying and at what loading to keep him in frame that long?

BTW... I want to try this wingloading once! :D
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

After saving movies for on-line distribution for awhile, I've discovered something;

No matter what format the movie is saved in, there's going to be somebody that has an issue with it -- guaranteed.

So, the question is, do you want to save the movie is the format wherein you receive the least amount of bitching (.wmv) or the highest quality?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I coulda swore that when you first mentioned this demo, you said these canopies had been deployed at high speed. Looks to me like they're being deployed sub-terminal.

Also, am I correct in assuming these aren't actually the normal production "sport" canopies, but rather something a bit special you were showing off for the military?
quade -

I'm not so sure the speed ever got much above what it was at exit.

Of course, it depends on presentation and how exactly the body flys at exit, but usually, the body slows down slightly as it hits the wind and then accellerates again as it comes "off the hill".

I think I'll invite Professor John Kallend to come visit this thread and we'll see what he has to say.
quade -

deployment speed ranged from 90-110 on the jumps.

500# test jumps at 200 are being done as we speak (not the 120, but our tandem 350) will post when completed.

sincerely,

dan

ps have a great 4th everyone !
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)