skip

Jav C16 Harnes Size

I have been tryign to find some info on the web about a C16 harness sizing and have come up short. I am 5'6" and weigh around 150, farily slim build with a small beer belly. Does anyone have any experiance with the C16 harnes size. I've found a great deal on a used rig and the harness size is the only possiable thing that could nix the deal at this point.
Thanks.
.:skip

Didja try calling the kind folk at sunpath? Usually gear manufacturers, if they are smart, don't mind talking to you about used gear. Buy one used now, buy one new in a year I guess. The main thing you want to know is the length of the main lift web as it relates to the length of your torso.
Drewfus McDoofus

Javelin C16 means a "C" or medium-sized shoulder yoke. "16" means that the main lift web is 16 inches long.
Fit around the waist depends on the width of the container and the length of the lateral straps.
Any Master Rigger can easily change the length of the MLW, but it takes a few hours to change the length of laterals. Often it is easier to ship the rig back to the factory for harness re-sizing.

If your inseam measurement (crotch to floor, no shoes) is close to 31" a C16 harness should fit you fine.
If you're buying the rig "long distance" be sure that the seller will take it back if for some reason it ends up not fitting you...
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

take your height in inches, subtract 20 inches, subtract your inseam measurement (crotch to floor), and you should come up with what Sunpath would give you for a harness size. One inch larger would fit, just not snugly, and one inch smaller would fit, but might be considered uncomfortable to some.
Steve