advice needed please - 1st rig-South African gear?

hello all. I now have about 30 jumps, and desperately want to get some kit sorted out as soon as poss as i really don't want to double my jump tickets with outrageous hire costs here in the UK for gear that i won't be able to get used to as it wont be mine.
My main questoin is that, what is the quality of gear like from SA? I have relatives in Joburg and coiuld most likely order something through them, and then get it sent out here. I have seen that icarus.co.za offer Hornets which i have been told are good mains, as well as Tear Drops and Vortex II's which i have been told are very suitable for freefly (Teardrops) and quite well suited to freefly(Vortex II).
Anyhoo, i really want a good secure free fly rig. Can anyone who has bought stuff from SA in general, whether its the stuff im talking about, or not, let me know your experiences please? The reason im looking into it is because i have been told that if im lucky with customs, i could get my relatives to send new gear through from there, and it will work out to my budget for a decent 2nd hand rig with cypres here (im budgeting £2500 tops). Also, although i started out on AFF with a 260, i have downsized well to a 200. Im happy that when if i buy a 190 canopy (im about 190 out the door) i will jump it regardless of how "boring" i might find it for at least a 100 jumps, so thats another reason why i want to get some new gear - with only 100 jupms on it, i figure resale value will still be very good.
Anyway any advice is as always greatly appreciated. I have been grounded now for a week since i got back from my Empuria trip and i need to get the ball rolling as soon as poss so that when the good weather finally DOES arrive in the UK, im not breaking the bank having to rent overpriced student gear out here.
Many thanks all

I ordered a new Hornet from South Africa (from the web address that you have). No problems at all. I had a new canopy, in custom colors, in four weeks time, at a super low price. I am considering getting a Vortex container from them next. Steve

We have three people from the RSA here in Ga. They all jump gear made in the RSA. I know one problem you might have is dodging the customs charge when it comes into the UK. I guess it is pretty stiff!! Everything I know about PISA is good. Tempo, Hornets, Heatwave. All good stuff as far as I know.
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

Relax, I have packed enough Hornet mains, Tempo reserves and Teardrop containers built by PISA to know that they start with the best materials and their little Hindu ladies are among the most precise seamstresses on the planet.
Over the years, the Chute Shop has also kept their quality high with their Contour, Vortex, etc containers. Chute Shop has also built a number of quality canopies over the years.
When you buy from South Africa, you will get top-quality materials and workmanship, the only question is how well you can dodge the customs man. Hint, ask you relatives to carry your new gear as luggage when they visit you in the UK.

Where do you jump in the UK? If you are ever at Hinton there are loads of people jumping South African gear (not just the many South Africans who jump there either). Dale Thornton (dz.com username dalethornton) bought a complete rig (inc. Cypres) from SA recently for a very good price. I've got Tempo and Hornet canopies but chose to get a Wings container. If you want to get first hand opinions on Chuteshop and PISA gear definitely try and stop by Hinton some time - quite a few of the instructors there us SA kit.
Will
"Look before you jump, don't die until you're dead"

I have an old "classic Tear Drop" container that has velcro. I got it very cheap and it has done me very well. I have been using it for free flying and have had no problems. If it saves you money and gets you in the air GO FOR IT!

To clarify "pal's" earlier post. The early two pin and one pin Teardrops were built by Thomas Sports Equipment in Britain. Recently, PISA has been building one-pin Teardrop Superfly containers in South Africa. I presume that PISA is building them under license from TSE. I guess those little Hindu ladies are willing to work for far fewer coins than British seamstresses.
To clarify the other post, Heatwave, HOrnet, Tempo, Skymaster, etc. canopies are built and sold by PISA. Daiblo and Triathlon canopies are also built by PISA, but they are sold by Aerodyne in the USA.

O.K. Well since my name has been mentioned, Yip I do jump at Hinton and I bought South African gear for a pretty decent price, but I went to collect it in S.A. I jump a Hornet Main by PISA, which is a great canopy, nice and fast it is a semi elliptical which means the rear is tapered slightly to give it a cleaner air flow. I also bought a Vortex II Container from Chute Shop which is a really nice container, similar to the wings. Send me a PM if you need to know more.
(Will you got my login wrong there mate !)
Blue Skies
Dale
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.
- Zadok Rabinwitz