PhreeZone

Espirit Main

I've been given the option of jumping an Espirit 150 canopy in a week or two as a favor for a jumper at the DZ. He wants to get pictures of it in the air and stuff, but he is too big to be jumping it any more. I offered to jump it since it'll be another canopy I can say I've jumped....
So..... whats peoples feeling on this main, how does it open? Packing tips? Control range? Landings? Anything??
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

I have a friend who has an Esprit 150. He won't jump it anymore because it has no flare, just smashes in. Could be jumped out, could be a bad canopy pilot, could be a dog of a canopy. No one else will jump it either though. Good luck if you do.

A friend of mine had an Esprit; I forget what size. Was basically a Sabre copy - nine cell rectangular zp. It slammed him repeatedly. Eventually blew up on him. He got decent landings out of it though.
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez