SkydiveMonkey

Hornet vs Silhouette

You load a 170 at 1.2? I would _not_ recommend jumping a Silhouette 150, period - they are not designed to handle that kind of wingloading. PD recommends a maximum exit weight of 195 pounds, and an exit weight of only 172.5 pounds for an expert under a Silhouette 150 - see the specs here.
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

>172.5 pounds for an expert under a Silhouette 150 - see the specs here.
Huh? Maximum recommended loading for "advanced" jumper at 1:1.0 ?
It really smells of blatant ass covering for lawsuits.
Everybody and their grandma load at 1.0 right off student status, so if somebody screws, there is one extra warning label to avoid blame.
What is the point in recommendations that almost nobody follows?

Huh? Maximum recommended loading for "advanced" jumper at 1:1.0 ?
It really smells of blatant ass covering for lawsuits.

The Silhouette is a ZP/F111 Hybrid. It was not designed to handle high wingloading. It does not land well when loaded. Been there, tried that.
-
Jim

I don't think you can really compare these two canopies sucessfully. I can tell you that the hornet has a lower max wing load ratio than a sabre or stilleto etc. I used to have a hornet 210 as I downsized, I tried hornets all the way down to 150. The 170 was about a 1.4 for me and it handled well, but the 150 was a 1.6 and I landed fine, but it seemed as though the canopy really didn't like all of my weight underneath it. I now fly a vengeance 150 and love it...hope that might contribute a bit...

What Jimbo said. The Silhouette is NOT a Hornet or a Sabre2 or even a Sabre - it only has zp on the top skin, everything else is F111. I've jumped one loaded at about 1.1:1 and it flew and landed great. I would NOT load one above that though.
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez