Austin

Triathlon to Hornet

The answer is Honduras.
The last few new Performance Designs canopies I assemble were sewn in Honduras.
Since most of the canopies sold by Aerodyne, Atair and Icarus are also sewn overseas, the list of top-shelf, American-made canopies is pretty short.

Austin --
I know a few people who have went from Tri to Hornet, and they rave about them as much as I do. I couldn't be happier with the performance I get (190 loaded @ 1.3:1).....soft openings, on-heading, very quick and agile, surfs well and has great flare.
Steve1 --
I get consistently good openings on mine.....I pro-pack, fold over the 4 outermost cells towards the center (leaving the center cell alone), just let the nose hang (don't stuff it), quarter the slider, then roll the tail 4 times. Easy openings in 400-600 feet.
Don

1.3 is a very high wingloading for your experience. If you jump that canopy, none of us would be surprised to hear of you in a hospital with serious leg damage from a botched landing.
The same botched landing will probably give you a minor sprain when you're loading your canopy at 1.1
Expect it as a given that you WILL botch a few landings in your first few hundred jumps. What kinda of damage do you want to do to yourself at that time?
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

For those who are interested.
Icarus (Manny's) telephone number is as follows
+27 11 452 8858.
Remember South Africa is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Call between approx 07:00 GMT to 15:00 GMT to get him during working hours. There is no daylight saving to concern yourself with.
By the way, what is it with the Hornet?
Ask him about the HeatwaveB|
I wish the real world
would just stop hassling me
~~~matchbox20