Pasha

pilotchute size

Personally... a ZP 26-28 would be great. I'd do the 28, but it does'nt seem to be one of the offered sizes. I'm jumping a 30 inch F111 and it leads to a bit of hard openings with small canopies. It seems about the right size for a 150 though.
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend... ~3EB

PD claims that the other differences in design (other than fabric) have a bigger effect with zp pilot chutes. In other words, two different 26" zp pilot chutes may have very different drag characteristics...with two F-111 pilot chutes, the differences are smaller. Thus, an F-111 pilot chute of a given size will have more "predictable" drag characteristics.
I switched from a 26" zp, to a 30" F-111, on a heatwave 170, and it contributed to softer openings.

hi rob,
actually the weight of the canopy doesn't matter much. its the breaking strength of the rubber bands, pin pull force and ability to get out of the burble.
even the smallest pilot chute has many times the drag force of the heaviest canopy. the idea that the pilot is lifting the canopy up and away is only a relative view from a jumper perspective.
btw in our recommendation i forgot to mention: zp fabric over f111.
sincerely,
dan