BlindBrick

Waiting for my ticket

How long, after you pass your practical, does it usually take the FAA to send you your seal and number? I know I can rig under my temp certificate but I figured if it was likely to be months instead of weeks, I'd just order a press with blank dies rather than mashing my seals with filed down pliers. :-)
-Blind

Well, your temp. certificate is good for 120 days (at least, thats the way pilot ones are, I'm sure its the same). I would count on at least two months...more like 3. Three has been the magic number with my pilot certificates and ratings. If you dont get it after 100 days, get on the horn and start bitching. :)"If I could be like that, I would give anything, just to live one day, in those shoes..."

Good luck getting your investment in rigging back. I doubt if I will ever come out ahead:-)

Im glad you said that, cause the more Im studying and getting ready to get started, the more of an investiment I realize Im making. It seems so overwhelming right now. Does that feeling ever go away?
1st day in the loft, Thursday .....
Fly Your Slot !

Just like learning anything else, the more you do it and the harder you work at it, the better you get. The key is to never stop learning. I alway feel stupid when I figure something out, like the rigging tool idea I came up w/. Not exactly a brilliant idea, but a good idea, so why didn't I figure it out sooner?
Learn as much as you can from Bill and always strive to improve your rigging skills. He has probalby forgot more about rigging than I'll ever know. Make a checklist and don't rush. Make as many of your own tools as possible. Whenever you meet another rigger, trade ideas and tricks. I wish i knew then what I know now.
Have fun and be absolutely sure.
Hook