skychickA40741

Infinity Rigs

Hi, I am looking into gear, so I don't have to spend all this money on rentals. I see lot's of rigs by Javelin, Mirage, and Reflex, but I kinda want to stand out. I also started looking at rigs by Infinity, most Infinity people say nice things about the rigs, but I wanted to get an opinion from some other people as well. I am really new to the sport and am still learning.
Thank you.

Being differnt is'nt always a good thing... Smaller companies tend to come and go while the larger ones are around in the end. For a bit there everyone who had a Reflex thought they had a Lemon since the company went under. Luckly someone else revived the company. Just something to think about before you bay and type of gear... Will parts/service bearound when I need work done on it?
This is not saying Infinity rigs are in trouble or anything...
Cause I don't wanna come back down from this cloud... ~ Bush

I own an Infinity container and I love it. It is extremely comfortable and well built (high standards of quality control), flap security is bombproof (I have no worry about any of the flaps coming open until I want them to), it looks good, the price is more reasonable than the "big boys" and the delivery time currently is the shortest in the industry - four weeks for custom!!
The guy building them, Kelly Farrington, has been involved in skydiving for basically his entire life - his family is well known in skydiving in the northwest of the US. He worked for Relative Workshop (makers of the Vector3). He knows how to build a quality product, he knows how to take care of his customers and he knows how to run a container manufacturing company.
I work for a skydiving equipment dealer so I could have any rig I wanted - I chose the Infinity because I think it's the best value on the market and I have no worries that the company won't be around to support me with replacement parts in the future. To counter what phree said... every manufacturer in this industry started small - due to a good marketing strategy the Mirage is a popular container today but the company building them wasn't in existence just a few years ago... would you rather pay more for an quality product that is heavily advertised or pay less for a quality product from a company that doesn't spend a lot on advertising??
pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

My first rig was and still is an Infinity, it has served me well for over 600 jumps. I am so comfortable with it that I just ordered a brand new Infinity today. It a good rig and the company stands behind their product. If you have any questions visit their website or call them. Its..
www.velocityrigs.com

He worked for Relative Workshop (makers of the Vector3) and was part of the team that designed the Vector 3.
Lisa,
I’m not sure were your getting your information, but young Kelly was never a part of the Vector 3 team. That so called team consisted of Bobby O. and myself. His employment at RWS was spent mostly in the parts department. Nothing against Kelly, he's a good rigger, builds an ok rig, and is a good friend of mine.
Jeff