skydive4play

Space Ball????

I am looking for one of those so called "space balls". You know the ball like object you can free fly or do rw around. Basically, a aid to practice with. I can not find them anywhere and was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction?? Any help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks

Before you go looking for a ball, yur skills had better be to the point where you don't need to practice with it. The balls travel at different speeds so you will need one that is adjusted for your speed. Before you jump alone with a balll, get instruction form someone who has earned their AD (Atmospheric Dolphin) licence. If no one at your DZ has it, make a trip to Skydive America Palm Beach this winter and learn from Olav and his crew there. Don't just start trying to make balls, jump with them and lose them because you dont have thier speed control right. Losing a ball is a good way to damage property or kill someone on the ground.
Be safe, be smooth, be fast..... and most importantly.... be phree :)

Space Balls aren't really made by any particular company. They are usually made by the jumpers to match their fall rate and their type of flying. The space balls are usually weighted tennis balls with fabric tails. Unless your skills are good you can kill or hurt some or something with one. Remember this ball is traveling as fast as you are and if you can't catch it, the results could be diasterous. Technically ball jumps are only "legal" by people who have Atmospheric Dolphin (AD) licenses. Even then not many dropzones will allow it, because it can be so dangerous. Like Phreezone said if you can't do it without thinking about you need to get instuction to jump with a space ball.

"AD (Atmospheric Dolphin) licence"
You sure as hell don't need some piece of paper to make a ball jump. You do need a competent "Ball Master" (I always hated that term. It sounds so gay!) and the DZO's approval. Be safe, have fun!
"The sky resembles a back lit canopy...with holes punched through it"- Incubus
Clay