leoholanda

How to delete my DZ by myself?

If you want your dropzone removed due to being shut down etc, You can contact me at [email protected] with the dropzone name and your username, why you want it removed and I'll remove it for you.

I don't think you can remove the dropzone altogether manually (I may be wrong though considering I've never seen the interface from an ownership point of view).

But as I said, just fire me an e-mail or private message with your username and dropzone name, along with reason for removal and I'll do it for you. I'll also speak to the tech team in regards to if one has the ability to remove your own DZ some way and let you know what I hear.

If you want your dropzone removed due to being shut down etc, You can contact me ...

Good, thank you. Now what can the skydiving community do about dropzones that are not "theirs" that have been out of business for many years?

See:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3816557;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

If you want your dropzone removed due to being shut down etc, You can contact me ...

Good, thank you. Now what can the skydiving community do about dropzones that are not "theirs" that have been out of business for many years?

See:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3816557;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

How about transferring those to an archive for history purposes. Many old DZs have been forgotten over the years. Sure, there's a thread already in the History and Trivia forum about old, defunct DZs... Just an idea.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The issue comes in where one who is the other dropzones competition or someone that doesn't like them sends an email saying "please delete this dropzone it's closed" when it isn't. So essentially that is the reason why I asked for username when deleting the dropzone, so I could see if it matches the link owner. Basically just a safety feature.

But there are ways around it I suppose, I mean if a dropzone's last review was 5 years ago then it's quite obvious that it's closed down.

I'll speak to Sangiro about maybe creating an "Inactive Dropzone Archive" category for each of the continents, and move them into there.. That would also solve the problem of dropzones being called inactive when not the case, as they could easily be moved back.

Anyone can feel free to PM me a list of inactive dropzones which I shall collect so long, and then depending on the outcome on what we will do with them (delete or move) I`ll do that.

Cheers

I thought I had found a solution on this issue by keeping dropzones without them showing up, but it appears that if I unvalidate a DZ it goes back to the 'waiting to be validated' queue..

Will see about the archive, but it'll be a bit out of place in the general category structure, so may just have to remove them altogether. Will take it as it comes.

But there are ways around it I suppose, I mean if a dropzone's last review was 5 years ago then it's quite obvious that it's closed down.

Not neccessarily, my dropzone (Söderhamns Fallskärmsklubb, Sweden) has only one review, from 2001 - and until I claimed the listing earlier this year the website url was dead - but we're still very much alive :)

Then here's to hoping nobody contacts me telling me your dropzone has closed down ;)

Actually what I may do is contact the DZO listed, should someone ask for the deletion of a dropzone that is not their own.

Makes more sense.