chaz1234

Riser Covers coming open in freefall on Odyssey?

Just wondering if anyone is having this problem with the Javelin Odyssey. I am having it regularly on my new rig, and another guy at my DZ had the same problem with his. No response yet from my e-mail to Sunpath, which is upsetting. My rigger, who is great, has adjusted the reserve several times, but still having a problem with this.

Just wondering if anyone is having this problem with the Javelin Odyssey. I am having it regularly on my new rig, and another guy at my DZ had the same problem with his. No response yet from my e-mail to Sunpath, which is upsetting. My rigger, who is great, has adjusted the reserve several times, but still having a problem with this.

Shoulda bought a container like the Frankenrig....
Also got a kill-line bungee p/c back from the dead to add life to it. It used to belong to T1.

.. Imagine an emergency exit down low with a 5 second(unintentional) delay prior to the D-bag coming out of the container..
Mike
If it is low enough to where you might die if you have a problem, use your reserve..
bloo skies
ramon

Well, the bungee is not installed yet as the big-ass p/c on the Frankenrig is still new, only ~150 jumps or so. Your point is well taken as I've done a few low levels out of a hovering helo. And I jump a Spectre. Give me your address and I'll send you the bungee....:)

Maybe you should give it back to me so I can sign it and then you sign it and pass it off Shark. We can see how many people it gets too. (Then it would be worthy of the frankenrig...)

That's a great idea! Of course we'll have to commemorate the p/c with a keg of german bier. :S
Shark
C-31575

a keg of german bier

that must mean i'm invited, i've got all the german bier anybody could ever want, heck the brewery is jut 10 miles away..........
as for the bungy colapsible, what's the advantage of having one? is it just that you don't have to reset it every time you jump???

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

as for the bungy colapsible, what's the advantage of having one? is it just that you don't have to reset it every time you jump???

There are only two slight advantages that I can think of.. 1) No chance of forgetting to cock the pilot chute, thereby reducing the chance of a PC in tow. 2) Less moving parts makes for a simpler piece of equipment..
As for the drawbacks..... 1) The bungee collapsible requires much higher speeds to work properly than a kill line collapsible.. Imagine a jump from a stationary point - such as a hot air baloon.. A jumper with a kill line PC may only have to get up to 25mph to allow the PC to work properly.. A jumper with a bungee PC may require 70-80mph for it to work properly.. These numbers are not based on anything but my own imagination - but the bungee PC requires much higher speeds(I think my numbers are damn close on the bungee PC) than a kill line to operate correctly.. The bungee PC basically starts in a 'collapsed' condition(if thrown out at low speeds), then as speed builds and pull force overcomes force created by the bungee, it ends up in a 'fully inflated' condition.. After deployment, and the relative wind is greatly decreased, the bungee collapses the PC again.. 2) On high performance canopies, or during high speed manuevers, the bungee PC will inflate and cause a great deal of drag..
For more info on the bungee collapsible system, try asking Alan..
Mike