Karina

Triathlon

Triathlons are 7 cell squares made by Aerodyne Research. Tris' are basically mid 1980s vintage CReW canopies updated with 0-P fabric, Spectra lines and a few tricks to soften the openings. Tris are very popular with casual weekend jumpers and have won their share of medals at international CReW competitions. Tris are made of South African fabric with a dull finish that makes them much easier to pack.

Karina, I currently jump a Tri 190. It's a great canopy, soft opening, flies great with soft landing. The maker A&R will send you a demo for a weekend for $25.oo. They also will give you a lot of information on the size you need for your level of experience. They won't try to sell you a hot canopy. Blue Skies Jerry

I have 200 jumps on my Triathlon 150 "Square", I am 150 lbs so I load it at 1.2 ish.. For packing, it really doesn't matter how you do it. Psycho, Pro, Flat, I've done them all and gotten the same results. Only had one banger that rang my bell due to what I know was line dump. Keep your stows at 2-3" and double wrap the rubber bands on the last stow. Don't use tube stows as they don't break like the rubber bands are made to. I have rolled the nose completely and have not rolled the nose at all. Doesn't make that much difference with the Triathlon loaded under 1.5.. It's normally going to be smooth and pretty much on heading if you are balanced in the harness at opening. AWSOME for accuracy, AWSOME on landing, AWSOME for packing, AWSOME for forgiveness, AWSOME into the wind, AWSOME in choppy air and turbulence!! I wouldn't suggest a better first canopy for your first 200 jumps or so. You can sit up high in almost full brakes waiting for your turn to land, I like that :) Don't hook this canopy, the recovery arc is too small and you are likely to get hurt. Carves are fun though!! I HIGHLY recommend the Triathlon!! It makes you feel VERY safe in the air, even in chop....
Blue Skies!!
Rhino
Blue Skies and Smooth Rides!!