IanHarrop

Is this new (paid) functionality in dz.com?

this is weird...

check out this post http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2131815#2131815

I typed the letters of the word icon in lower case and did not make it a link.
When I saved the post the word becomes a link to Aerodyne and the first letter is capitalized.

Is this new (paid) functionality in dz.com?

Edit to add - it happened to the word Aerodyne too when I saved this message....
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

This is really really annoying. Annoying to the point of not renewing my Premier membership. It my opinion it also damages the Aerodyne brand.

The content of my posts is my own, and I resent having that content hijacked. It turns editorial content into advertising, and that crosses the line.

While I can understand your point, the flip side of the coin is threefold, 1) ya gotta hand it to Aerodyne for some creative marketing, 2) it takes money to run this household and I'm sure that while considering withdrawing your premier membership will be as much as a financial impact on the overall welfare of this house as Aerodyne withdrawing their advertising dollars, 3) it's HH's house and his responsibility to ensure its financial success so we have a house to go to.

And, whether you decide to keep your membership or not, the "way" is not going away and will continue to be in your posts. I do not have a premier membership and if HH wants my posts to autocreate a hyperlink for advertising using keywords, have at it. It's not going to affect the content of my posts.

Emoticon, Icon Aerodyne :D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.