IanHarrop

Pub problem

I can't get into the pub anymore, see the attachment for a picture of what I get.

I'm running XP SP2 all patches installed and latest version of IE
I've got the latest Java.
All pop-up blockers are turned off.

I've tried clearing my cache & dumping my cookies.

Any more ideas? I feel like I must be over looking something obvious...
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I've had that happen with IE a couple of times, I closed IE and tried again it ususally worked. Once I had to reboot.

Then again, I quit having problems like that when I switched to FireFox.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've had that happen with IE a couple of times, I closed IE and tried again it ususally worked. Once I had to reboot.

Then again, I quit having problems like that when I switched to FireFox.;)

Nope doesn't work for me. :(

I've considered FireFox but there are features of dz.com that I like that are IE only and then all the security problems of FireFox. Everyone bitches about MS stuff and IE but if you look at the weekly Cert report most other things are worst.

http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/bulletins/SB05-285.html
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I've not had any problems with Chatzilla...

I didn't know one could use an IRC client with the pub.

Not being a "chatter" does one just put http://www.dropzone.com/chat/ into the IRC client and it works?

Ian,

I'd have to look and get back to you tomorrow on exact specs... it's an IRC client for Mozilla/Firefox.

Basically, you would enter the "chatworlds.irc.net:7000" that you see when the normal IE java client comes up. Then, once connected, you'd enter "join #dropzone" (if I remember the channel right, it's been a couple months since I've had a reliable connection from the barracks) and you're in!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

server: irc.atheme.net:5000 (port 5000)
channel: #dropzone

The HTML source here directs one to irc.xircn.net:7000 #Dropzone ; is that equal to the above? Is one
preferred over the other? Thanks!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

i dunno, they keep changing it... I know that more than one address and port all goto the same place... Both seem to take me to the same place (just tried the one you listed.) :S

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.