Krishan

Tube Stoes, but not quite

I just called square1 for one of those container closing tools. Lisa (skybytch) do you know Adam Buckner? He's a friend of mine in ABQ, NM and is giving me a bunch of those sky bands. Matter of fact I think I actually heard your name come up last weekend, Adam was talking to someone about working for SQ1.
Anyway, that just rung a bell.
BLues

He is a nice guy. He gave me a pro-dytter for free. I guess you can do that when you have all the contacts that he does. I do my part to drag his ass out of his office and get some jumps. He definitely work his ass off, always telling me about this deadline and that deadline. Anyway that's cool that we have a mutual friend.
Blues.

i have recently ben experimenting with skybands on a few different types of rigs, talon2, dolphin and vector3
i see no problems with them as of yet other than they make line stowing a bit harder. i will only use cheap rubber bands on my rig. my idea is that the skybands are too strong and you must be careful about using the right sized ones for your line bulk. if the band is too tight it may cause bag lock...
a cheap rubber band will snap under the same load and i'd rather replace the band than go to reserve...
just be sure that if you do use skybands use only skybands do not mix and match, your lines could deploy unevenly and again...bag lock

"they make line stowing a bit harder."

lol - Yeah, you'll definitely want to start hitting the Gym if you're planning on using these. Pam & I tried some of the superbandz out & they were a complete BITCH to stow your lines with!

"if the band is too tight it may cause bag lock...
a cheap rubber band will snap under the same load and i'd rather replace the band than go to reserve..."

EXACTLY! I was told that those 'cheap little rubberbands' aren't used so much just because they're cheap. A lot of R&D went into those little suckers, they're designed to break when they need to. Tube stows, skybands, & superbandz were designed for strength & longevity. Much like you screwbag, I'd rather replace a rubberband than go for my reserve!
"Grab the grass, it's the bounce that kills!"
Merrick