dragon2

trade canopy for gun?

Is this actually allowed here?

Why shouldn't it be? Do you want dropzone.com to conduct an anti-gun campaign?

If people want to trade skydiving goods for other things, that's their business.

All laws governing private gun transactions for the particular city, state and federal government still apply.

I'll bet more skydivers die from jumping small canopies than do from using guns. Perhaps you should ask dropzone.com to ban the sale and trading of small canopies.

So, you'd be ok with me offering to trade for say pot?

I can't speak for JohnRich, but pot is illegal.

The first ad you linked is from South Carolina, US. Private transfer of firearms is legal there.

I looked in both the rules and the classified guidelines. Neither mentioned guns or trading skydiving equipment for non.

So, as far as I can tell, no laws are being broken.
No rules are being broken.

What is the problem?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

What is the problem?

It seems he doesn't like the idea that American citizens are free to trade and sell guns amongst each other, and he would like dropzone.com to ban that practice, contrary to the law. In other words, he would like this web site to conduct a private war against guns, because he thinks they're evil.

The point is, 1) I'm not American (and not a he but that's beside the point) and 2) pot is not illegal in my country (but guns are). This is not an American-only site, although you seem to consider it so.

So, if you can trade for guns where it's not illegal, I should be able to trade for pot where it's not illigal too, right?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The point is, 1) I'm not American (and not a he but that's beside the point) and 2) pot is not illegal in my country (but guns are). This is not an American-only site, although you seem to consider it so.

So, if you can trade for guns where it's not illegal, I should be able to trade for pot where it's not illigal too, right?

ha ha, good point.

Technically you could trade stuff for weed if you kept it in the Netherlands. I'm sure no one would send a gun out of the US. The chances of it getting to the destination would be slim to none.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

- Nothing in your postings indicated your nationality. The advertisement which you referenced clearly indicated it was from someone in South Carolina. Therefore, your nationality was irrelevant in regards to the gun trade proposal in America.

- Nothing in your postings indicated your gender - also irrelevant.

- I recognize that this is not an American-only site, but unless you say something to the contrary, and when discussing something about South Carolina, then it's a discussion about America.

- If pot is not illegal in your country, then I have no problem with someone trading skydiving goods for it. Have fun. Just like I have no problem with trading skydiving goods for legal guns. My stand is entirely consistent here.

In the future, if you want to argue based upon your nationality, then you need to state what that is up front. And before arguing against guns in America, you should first educate yourself about what the gun laws are here in America.

John, take your gun rights arguments to Speakers Corner, this is a final warning on the topic.

You can also look at the users profile to see she is from the Netherlands.

As for the classified they are not in violation of any rule so they can remain but in the past we have deleted ads that were "Trade laptop for car" type ads since they are not directly related to skydiving. If someone tries to use the site to trade goods that are not skydiving related then those ads are deleted.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

As long as it's not ditch weed....
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

- Nothing in your postings indicated your nationality.

- Nothing in your postings indicated your gender - also irrelevant.

Well, in the signature, i read a female name and on the left, i can read her nationality :P

By the way, isnt it a south african website?

Why are you re-starting an almost two-month old argument?

A profile option allows signatures to be suppressed, and I have that option enabled, so I don't see signatures.

The nationality origin of the website is also irrelevant - it would be foolish to presume that all postings are from people in South Africa, unless stated otherwise.

I just found this thread, I am the OP of the for trade add in question, in South Carolina you can own a handgun as early as age 18 if bought from a private seller and 21 if purchased from a gun shop, The handgun is registered to me and totally legit. Go guns, Go America.

Oh, and its still for trade if anyone wants it!

I just found this thread, I am the OP of the for trade add in question, in South Carolina you can own a handgun as early as age 18...

So, you're from South Carolina, and not South Africa. Such things are important to some people, so I just wanted to emphasize that for a few of the other readers here.

I had just finished AFF and needed to buy a rig/alt/helmet/etc. however, I didn't have the $4000 needed to make that purchase. I looked around for stuff collecting dust, and realized that I hadn't gone shooting or reloaded any of my own ammo in over a year. I put up for trade on dropzone.com a .22-250 rifle, an H&K USP 45 Tactical, and a Dillon 650 reloading machine w/ lots of accessories. I asked for a beginners rig for a big guy.

The offers rained in, and I eventually traded for a like-new Wings/Sabre2-210 w/ AAD, jumpsuit, altimeter, and a few more accessories.

I put about 300 jumps on the rig and eventually traded down. If I hadn't traded my guns/etc for skydiving gear, I would have had a hard time ever getting into the sport.

BTW, legally transferring firearms across state lines requires someone with an Federal Firearms License (FFL), in both states to send/receive the weapon. They usually charge a nominal fee ($50?), but it was certainly worth it.

I had just finished AFF and needed to buy a rig/alt/helmet/etc. however, I didn't have the $4000 needed to make that purchase. I looked around for stuff collecting dust, and realized that I hadn't gone shooting or reloaded any of my own ammo in over a year. I put up for trade on dropzone.com a .22-250 rifle, an H&K USP 45 Tactical, and a Dillon 650 reloading machine w/ lots of accessories. I asked for a beginners rig for a big guy...

I hate to sell guns myself, but it sounds like yours gave themselves up for a good cause, and now you've got yourself another hobby that is even more fun than shooting. Congratulations!