danwayland

Both hands headup

You all were very helpful with tips on how I could get a hand out in front of myself headup. I basically got it down pat.

Now, what about both hands?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/89zaisatokeok3g/AAAM7IAx5OUsAOkqTO6CjWsta?dl=0

E.g. Linked mindwarp (I dunno why it wouldn't attach)

Sit to sit at lower speeds, that kneefly technique pictured seems to be the way to go for me.
That linked both hands to both feet is me, but the windspeed in that picture is set too slow for all of my headdowner friends and some of my headup friends.

But turn the wind up into the 90s a bit where my friends fly headdown, and that kneefly makes me unable to stay down.

I have a really hard time getting both hands forward in a more traditional sit.

How do you use two hands headup in headdown fast air?

Is it easier to learn how to kneefly fast like the guy in the mindwarp picture?

Or is it easier to learn to use both hands while staying in more of a traditional sit somehow?

Either way - what does the reach both hands forward in high winds headup feel like?

Many thanks!
--
Dan Wayland
http://www.danwayland.com

lean back and rest on the air. practice clapping or hands like youre praying. legs give you speed control.... you shouldnt be balancing on your arms
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

in my opinion, in long term prospective more profitable skill i would see is knee flying in comparing to traditional sit meaning both hands grip. This position would give you more degrees of freedom in headup on different speeds once learned. Of course i wouldn't neglect traditional sit at all to be able to switch between both to benefit from both positions.

It feels unstable in the beginning while you're learning to control your legs and upper body - your main surfaces. Your arms are for fine steering.

Hope my explanation would help you to understand. Good luck!

1. If you are going up in a knee flying at higher speeds - just bring your knees closer (norrower stance) and kinda stand on your knees

2. You can fly "Both hands headup" in kneeflying/traditional/etc depend on situation each of body position has pros&cons - it's just instrument so it's better to have em all)

3. I often guve to students a method for to practice a new position/move/element etc:

If WindTunnel has a difusor and the airspeed decreasing with hights (as it's should beB|)
- take the bodyposition, wich you are mastered already and wich close to bodyposition wich you want to learn/train
- set comfort speed
- fly up in comfort bodyposition above the "terminal point"
- at the top "zero gravity" poin take the bodyposition/move that you want to train
- feel it all the way down util you lost balance)
- repeat

Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?