IMGR2

Any advice on going to IFLY Hollywood?

Not sure I really want to go there now..

I tried to call and make a reservation and it was a very awkward conversation.

I keep hearing about skydivers going and getting these great rates.

I just called and was told the only way to get a skydiver rate was to open an account with them for $600.

I'm gonna be in town so maybe I will just walk in and see what happens instead of trying to make a reservation.

Well when would you be in town and for how long? I live in Pomona which is around 40 mins from downtown LA. So if your interested and our schedules work out I could do it no problem. However, the problem with the frequent flter account is that you are on standby time. Meaning: you can't schedule time and you can get bumped. So often times (especially during the day) you end up waiting around for an hour or more before you get to fly 10 mins or so. Even if you show up at 8pm you still might wait for a bit. Lemme know in case you wanna go.

don't know about just walking in and getting the $10 hr rate, but if you plan on trying that call first and ask if they have standby time available. best time is during the week, noon to 2pm or 9pm to 10pm. you'll have better luck going with someone who has an account. there's normally someone that has extra time to share. leave me your contact and i'll let you know if something comes up. or you can meet some of us who have accounts there and fly some standby time.