chris-b

uk wind tunnels?

You'll need to book in advance unfortunately.

(this) saturday is fully booked, and when I last looked (15:00 today) there was only about 20 minutes available at 22:30 ish on the sunday.

Give em a call on 0845 200 2960 to find out availability, but you'll for sure have to book a few weeks in advance for a weekend at either of the (major) tunnels. :)

http://www.goliathres.com/v4/res_website.asp?page=directory&supplierCode=akx100&cat1=4

Will show you AirKix's availability for 20 minutes of time in one session. Alternatively, phone Bodyflight as they sometimes have last minute cancellations or can perhaps accomodate you at other times :)Good luck, and have fun - it's the most important thing. :)

ahh bugger... thanks for the info anyway :)
i could try airkix i guess, if not then it will have to be in the week!

Whats your hesitation with Airkix?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Hiya Chris.

I see yr home DZ is Headcorn, Have a chat with Chris Shaw he often runs camps and one on one coaching at Bedford, or Chris Lynch if you are thinking freeflying.

You can tell them i put you on to them they know me from Headcorn before i started work at Bedford.

Failing that get some time booked drop me a line and i will give you a coached session.

How is the new Caravan down there... i bet everyone is glad to be out of that islander ..... lol..

Dave D

Zeemax - Just that I could of got 10 minutes tunnel time at bedford for a better price. the tunnel size also had a factor in it too. Ive booked time at airkix on sunday evening anyway though as bedford was fully booked ;)

djd - Headcorn is my nearest, although ive not been there yet! I did my tandem at the NLPC, chatteris. Thanks for the coaching offer, ill send you over a pm before i book some time there :)

Did it... :)
had 2 x 2minute sessions, once i had my arch sorted, I was pretty stable, no wobblings! Managed to go up and out of sight a few times on the 2nd run, although I wouldn't say I was completely stable at the time! Didn't quite get the hang of turning, although I was happy with what I did in the time I had. Ill have to pop up to bedford in the near future!