Zid

Freefly and Windtunnel? Where is the best?

Hello!
I´m starting with Freefly- Training and at the moment i´m able to do some backfly / sitfly. The transition to headdown is very difficult for me, so i think about going to a tunnel and try to learn it there (with a coach).
The tunnels here in Europe are expensive >:(
I´m thinking about travelling to somewhere else in the world, where tunnels are cheaper -> i´m planning up to 5 hours of tunneltraining...
Here is my question: Does anyone knows where the best tunnel is and what it costs?
Orlando? Arizona? Malaysia?
Please help me ;)
Oh, and another question: My weight is nearly 200lbs (90Kg). Is it possible with this wight to do Freefly in a tunnel at all? Do you think it´s a good plan?
Thanks for the answers!

I highly suggest you contact Mick Nuttall at SkyVenture AZ. He'll take care of all your needs.

Please note the tunnel progression and flying in the tunnel is different than in the sky. If you can sit fly in the sky it's a great start but won't mean you are able to do it in the tunnel right away.

The progression that anyone has to go through is belly, back, sit, then hd. It's highly unlikely that you would be working on hd transitions without any previous tunnel time.

A coach is priceless and Mick is one of the best out there. Hit him up at www.BodyPilots.com
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I know most tunnels have a weight limit and all have different characteristics due to altitude, air density, etc.

But I weigh 240 lbs and can sit fly and back fly just fine, but that's also here in CO.

Take Paige's advice and call
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

For 5 hours you get a really good rate in a very big, unbelievably fast tunnel.

Dave, $875US buys you 1 hour of coached time at Eloy with the likes of Mick Nuttal, Ray Kubiak or Fruitcake. There is no extra charge for high speed if you want to do static head down at Eloy. BA sale is on and you could fly to Phoenix for under £350.

I am doing another hour at Bedford with Babylon, but for someone looking to do 5 hours I think that $875US per hour including coaching from Bodypilots is great value. IMHO the surcharge for head down speeds is going to limit the appeal of future freefly camps at Bodyflight.

Will