teamlf

IFLY Utah/Skyventure UT

Its official Ifly Utah formerly Skyventure Utah is now done being commisioned. I took the first flight along with Davy Manning yesterday. The wind is super fast and clean. The facility is first class. We plan on opening on June 15th. Ccome check us out.

Plamer

Since this is the second thread to mention the "iFly" name...

Did Skyventure re-brand themselves as "iFly" - or did a few tunnels suddenly leave the nest and change their franchising agreements or something so the Skyventure name is no longer used???

When reading the websites - either intentionally or not - they seem to distance themselves from the Skyventure brand.... The don't use words like "using Skyventure techonolgy....

P.S. I have seen a few lawsuits reciently against things called "iSomehting" as Apple has strongly branded the "iTunes", "iPhone", and "iPod".... The lawsuit I saw today, seriously, believe it or not, is "iGasm".... I guess the ads were to close to the iPod ads??? he he he

Pricing's not up on the website yet. Any information?

I don't know for sure, but from what I hear about other wind tunnels the costs for beginners is like $50 for 2 min, and 35 dollars for 2 min if your a skydiver. But I really have no idea how much this tunnel will cost thats just what I've read on some other tunnels websites.
If thats the case I think I almost might as well just go to the airport.

SVCO has that pricing beat, hands down, with annual membership pricing, special coaching rates, and just straight-forward per minute costs. Let's hope UT can come up with some good pricing for their locals!
TPM Sister #102

IFly Utah is still under Skyventure LLC i think you will be seeing a name change from them soon as well. As for pricing i am not sure yet but i belive we will be the same as SVCO i will know more by the end of the week.

We will be open for business on June 16th along with our state of the art golds gym, a 55 foot tall rock wall, Flowrider Indoor surfing, 32 bowling lanes, indoor mini golf, And two restaurants Costa Vida and Pizza Factory.

Plamer

Plamer,

How soon until IFly has a contact phone number, price list, and schedule of instructors/flyers. I've been waiting for the facility to open for months and it seems like there are some issues with organization??? Was planning to fly this week (WED 6/20) but can't get any information. Currently have about 5 hours of flight time between Orlando and Eloy (plus 15 years of skydiving). Looking to get ALOT more here in Utah. Could you get me the information. You can contact be through Dan Drage. Thanx.

Brian (Doc) Drage
[email]

Doc,

Sorry we are so lacking in the website dept. But we have been very busy getting everything else of the ground you can call me 801-558-9518 I will also be there wednesday from about 9:00 until 6:00 so stop by and we will get you in

plamer

I was thrilled at first that there was going to be a tunnel nearby. That feeling was soon replaced with confusion, then frustration, and now total apathy. Maybe they have enough business, or maybe they just don't care enough to answer the phone or return a call...I don't know. I do know that I'm not going to drive 1-1/2 hrs one way on the off chance that I may be able to fly there when Perris is only a 2 hour flight away.

Skyventure Perris answered the phone, booked my time and took my money just like they were interested in having my business, so now they do.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Sorry About the website issues we are still working on that problem as for the phone number the above number is my personal phone i sometimes dont check voicmails all weekend because i go out of town alot you can call IFLY directly at 801.528.5348 our hours of opperation M-Th 10:00 am to 9:00 pm and friday and saturday till 10:00

Plamer

Hey Scott -

Thanks for the call today. I'm sorry I missed you, and I'll definitely call you back tomorrow. I understand completely about not being able to answer your phone, as I obviously have the same problem depending on where I'm working on a given day.

Please understand that my post wasn't directed at you personally, but rather at tunnel management. By the time I booked at Perris and made the above post I had given up on flying in Ogden at all because I couldn't contact anyone.

I had called information and was given a # which I called and left a message. It appears that the # was incorrect, and it's all 411 had. I then called Ogden, hoping maybe Brian or Suzanne had the #. I don't know who answered the phone, but they were very clear in informing me that they were in no way affiliated with the tunnel (Duh...no shit! :S)and couldn't help in any way. I tried your cell as a last resort.

Again, I didn't mean anything against you with the last post, I think you're a great guy. It was the lack of contact info that lead to my frustration. Perris isn't until the 4th, so I'll call tomorrow and see about booking some time with you in the meantime.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Just call the tunnel at the phone number posted earlier. He's usually found there.
It's true, they don't answer their phone sometimes, and once in a while it's pretty crazy there, but it's a good crew, good tunnel (even though it's a bit small) and they're easily located.