Jewels

Tipping Your Tunnel Instructor

Don't get too hung up on the adult league stuff. That's certainly part of where I spend my time and money at SVCO, but my original question was intended to be broader than that. League is only one angle to the question and since it seems that we may be the only tunnel that HAS an adult league at all, it makes sense to talk about it in the broader context, where it might be applicable to other tunnel-goers as well.
TPM Sister #102

Firstly....league is gay and all your bullshit is wearing
a bit thin. Why dont you try do a bit of tunnel progression in the form of free fly and have an open mind before you even have the audacity to start to comment about tipping. If you can jump in a tunnel and fly circles around that "gimp" who stands in the door...then you have a right to comment...otherwise just go play with your one dimensional belly friends!!!!

Firstly....league is gay

You know, "league" is just a weekly tunnel session where we split an hour and get the benefit of two instructors. We don't go around wearing shirts with our names sewn on the front or anything like that. It's great to have a place to learn new things with people who are about at the same skill level and I think we get more out of it that way. I know nothing from your profile so I have no idea whether you have any first-hand knowledge about our league anyway, but I think you're dismissing something that has been a great tool for learning.
TPM Sister #102

Firstly....league is gay and all your bullshit is wearing
a bit thin. Why dont you try do a bit of tunnel progression in the form of free fly and have an open mind before you even have the audacity to start to comment about tipping. If you can jump in a tunnel and fly circles around that "gimp" who stands in the door...then you have a right to comment...otherwise just go play with your one dimensional belly friends!!!!

1stly I am not part of the league Mr 7 posts and no identity.
2ndly I skydive instead
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OK folks . . . let's get this thread back on topic and pull the throttle back on the emotional replies.

If you have a personal beef with someone, take it to PMs.

If you have an opposite viewpoint of someone else and the conversation escalates because you still disagree, please continue to discussion only if you can remain objective and keep the pointed remarks out of your posts. There have been several borderline PAs here.

If there is such a thing as tunnel politics (parallel to DZ politics), please don't drag it into this forum.

Thanks.
Arrive Safely

John

don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to be talking about anyone's anonymity?

No not at all if you ever have the privilege of meeting me you will be introduced to me as Squeak, it's not just a screen name it's the name I have gone by for nearly 40 years Those who have met me n person know me as Squeak.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OK, due to this thread some friends and I went out the other night looking to tip some tunnel instructors.
But we now suspect that the ease of tipping your tunnel instructor is merely an urban legend.
We tried, multiple times to tip many different tunnel instructors, but no matter how hard we pushed they wouldn't go over! Even some of the scrawny ones! Just too damn coordinated I guess.

Finally they lost their patience and kicked our asses. Then they took our wallets and told us to go back to the dropzone.

Through our unsuccessful evening tipping tunnel instructors, we surmised two things:
1. It only really works with cows, and cows don't hit back.
2. It's probably way easier to tip a tunnel instructor after you get out of the tunnel (but only if they refill your coffee at least 5 times).

That's the last time I go tunnel instructor tipping!
pope