SuperFlyJ

Prep for AFF

Hey folks,

I am going ot do an AFF course soon and I am going to get some tunnel time before I do. I have 5 minutes so far and I am able to get stable quick, perform 360s, altitude control and forward/reverse movement.

My question - is there anything I can do to practice for/nail my aircraft exits?

Thanks!
http://superflyinc.typepad.com/
www.superflyinc.com

Paragliding - Speed Flying - Skydiving

Yes, don't worry about it. Just do your exit drills as your AFF instructors show you and don't think it is more complicated than it is. If you are in control in the tunnel then you will sail through the free-fall part of AFF (don't forget that there are other life saving things to learn that you can practice in the tunnel)

On exit, just relax, hold your position and enjoy.

You can work on the pull body possition and barrel rolls (gets you back on your belly if you flip over). There are also stability drills the instructor can work with you on, just make sure you tell them you are trying to get ready for AFF. :)
Fly it like you stole it!

My question - is there anything I can do to practice for/nail my aircraft exits?

Have faith in a strong arch, and when you do the exit, arch like you do in the tunnel. Most skydivers went thru AFF without the tunnel - you will be one step ahead of them. The AFF program was designed for students without tunnel time - so those with time normally nail the dives.

Oh, don't fear the exits, if your exit tumbles with your instructors, they will help you roll over, but with strong tunnel flying skills I bet you won't need the help. You won't fail an AFF level for an exit. If nothing else, if the exit tumbles, you will give your instructors something to do.:P

So, don't worry... Go jump.