Paulipod

Bodyflight Bedford - Weather hold in july :o/

Hi all,

Thought I would pre-empt the wild gossip that goes around when it comes to this sort of thing....

Sadly - for 3 weeks in July we will not be taking bookings.

Since we opened we have flown a staggering 2600+ hours and our prop has to have maintenance. Which we are having to bring forward.

We are fully booked and will continue running until the 3rd July .. so this means we cannot take new bookings for flying before 1st August.

We had planned for this downtime to only take 1 day - as we have a second propeller in manufacture... but as the running hours have moved so quickly this wont be ready fast enough.... hence the downtime while the existing prop is serviced is larger.

Appologies to any that had planned to fly and wont now be able to book:(

Regards

Paul :)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Er...

I was due in the tunnel tomorrow (June 23rd) and have just had a call from my coach that that's now off too, citing this announcement. Can we take it the maintenance has been brought further forward still?

:(
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Unfortunately so...

As of last night we have a meaurement that is out of limits - so have removed the prop and it is now en-route to Germany.

The overhall will take between 2-3 weeks depending on the turnaround at the the factory

Will update as soon as we can resume operation.

Again - sorry to those we have had to dissapoint. [:/]

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Nah, these things happen, and it's not like waiting a bit longer for an oil change in your car or something.

Thanks for keeping us all informed.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

This is really unfortunate, especially considering this is classic team training time getting ready for the nationals. Even more so given _I_ was supposed to be in there on sunday [:/]

However, I'd like to thank Bev and the rest at BFB for the promptness of the notification and the help in re-scheduling our training sessions of early august. :)
Now, we're just looking for another 4-way team to rotate with on sunday the 13th .......

:P

P.S. Paul - I hope that everything comes back together really quick for you and you guys are back up 'n running soon. That way I can get back in there quicker :)

Gavin

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. If you don't take it out and use it, its going to rust.

P.S. Paul - I hope that everything comes back together really quick for you and you guys are back up 'n running soon.

Thanks Gavin,

Encouragingly our first feedback is showing that the turnaround time may not be as long as we were thinking it might be.

The prop guys have got straight onto the working and we may be back in action by about the 5th July!!

Although at this stage I am speculating a little - will let you all know for sure in a couple of days

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk