Cookiemunster

Wind Tunnel in Colorado

Derek says it's measured flat to flat,

Thanks, That is 'huge' information and very good news.

It will feel more open than orlando because there are less panels.

makes sense if all the tunnels are measured flat to flat. fewer panels would mean more air explicitly, not just 'feel'. I suspect the recirc would help the corner airflow effects too from them being sharper (8 sided would have 135 degree angles, 10 sided 144 degree, 12 sided 150 degrees, round has no corners so the 'angle' approaches a pure 180 on the tangent eliminating any kind of 'corner' effect)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I was in the flight room and all over the rest of the complex today due to a private tour done by our very own Derek...:ph34r:..Thanks dude!!!

The flight chamber felt huge to me. I have never been in a tunnel and my concern was the walls and me when I hit them...:P...This is big..room for a 4 way, or 1 solo to bounce of the walls like a crazy person in a padded room.

The place looks sweet..cant wait to be a bumb there..:)

Joe <---Person in the crazy room.:)
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I was in the flight room and all over the rest of the complex today due to a private tour done by our very own Derek...:ph34r:..Thanks dude!!!

The flight chamber felt huge to me. I have never been in a tunnel and my concern was the walls and me when I hit them...:P...This is big..room for a 4 way, or 1 solo to bounce of the walls like a crazy person in a padded room.

The place looks sweet..cant wait to be a bumb there..:)

Joe <---Person in the crazy room.:)

I hope the battery in your phone was dead.>:(

so when is it all going to happen so I have an excuse to come and visit my friends in CO??

tash

So, tell me, how many friends do you have living here;)

Tell you want, that Norm is a slave driver, and he is pushing the crew as hard as they can be pushed. Due to not receiving the correct switch before the holidays, we've had to push back till mid Feb. But it will be worth the wait.

I'm heading down to the site today and will get new pictures. Derek has been at the site working, and is a big fat slacker since he hasn't posted any pictures.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I think the Eloy tunnel has spoiled me, so SVC should upgrade to a 14 footer;) that would be super

Okay, but that means just waiting longer;) Besides, if you're really good you don't need the extra 2 inches:ph34r: (I've flown in the Eloy tunnel, and didn't really need that extra space)

SVC will be nice and warm, no matter the weather outside, and no dust or rain to deal with :)

Hey Mary! Do you mean extra 2 feet? ;) I agree that you don't need the extra space if doing a solo or a 2-way (or even a 3-way) but I gotta say that the extra 36% in surface area with the 14 footer is great for 4-way! There are lots of blocks and randoms that we can't do realistically (i.e. how we would do it in the air) in the 12 footer that we can do in the 14 footer so from a 4-way perspective, the extra space is great! But I'll take tunnel time in any tunnel any day. Bring it! I thought I was broke before....having a tunnel only 45 minutes away will be very dangerous!

See ya!

Court

So, tell me, how many friends do you have living here;)

I'm not sure as how many friends I should be counting you, so I can't really answer that in number terms;)

Looking forward to seeing more pics - your outside views are so different from airkix it's really exciting seeing the sister re-circ tunnel build...

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Duh........I guess I was thinking some thing else with inches:o

I agree, having that extra space for blocks is good, but having a tunnel in the state is even better.

Tash, you know you can always "count" me as a friend. Hope to see you out here soon.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I've been by to look at the facility - awesome! since I live 5 miles from it. Never been in a wind tunnel but can't wait to try it. Should have some fun with other people in a 2/3/4 way. Does anyone have any idea the cost to fly? By-the-minute, etc. and dollar amount since I don't have the faintest idea. I would hate to cut into the actual air freefall time ;)

Does anyone have any idea the cost to fly? By-the-minute, etc. and dollar amount since I don't have the faintest idea

WHAT?! You mean to say you have not seen my sig line;)

Give it a click, and you will find out so much information.

You can also drop me a PM if you need any more information.

Update:

The main switch arrived to the site on Friday the 13th. Who says that Friday the 13th is bad luck?

Electrical guys are running around like little ants.

The word is that some test flights should happen some time on Tuesday, Jan. 24th. Right around the time I'm airborne for my trip to Thailand[:/]

Well, the tunnel can open now - I am finally here;)

I made it to Denver this weekend and am now getting settled into my new place. I'm a mere 10 minutes from the tunnel!

Speaking of which, I was in the building today and I must say that everything is coming along beautifully. There are now SkyVenture/Indoor Skydiving signs on both the front and back of the building. It looks fantastic:)

Oh, and one more thing...Ninjas ARE way cooler than pirates.

I'd like to add that I'm soooo glad you are here:)
I have handed over my duties to Jen so I can now get my act together and get ready to leave for Thailand.

You all make sure you call Jen and ask her all kinds of silly questions:D

The word is that some test flights should happen some time on Tuesday, Jan. 24th.

It's Tuesday 24th here now, and should be in CO too, so are there any tests going on and how are they going?

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe