mr_music11

Original Music

Hey TI's, AFI's, Videogrophers !!

Have a question for you all..

I am a singer/songwriter and was wondering what the demand is out there for original music for those special skydiving moments that end up on DVD's and slide shows from you guys? why you ask?

Well, in my pursuit of my other passion besides skydiving.. music.. I am seing if I might be able to blend the two and possibly help me and my skydiving community with music that I have written.. with that said...

What kind of music do you like to include on those DVD's ( Rock? Pop? Metal? R&B? Techno? ) Do you like words with the music? or just instrumentals? How long would you like songs to be? How much would you be willing to pay for use with your vids? for a song? 5 songs? A cd of songs? Have any of you had trouble with using copywritten works? Help me understand if this is a niche that is worth pursuing. Thanks for the input.. blue skies
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

I think there's definitely a market. Especially with how crazy the RIAA is getting with music.

A wide variety of music is best. The type of music you might put on an 18 year male's tandem video is probably not the same type that you would put on your grandmothers...

And to me words are important - the songs need to be "topical." I loved the songs on Norm Kent's From Wings Came Flight video. Great lyrics...

I wish I could have had a list to choose a song or something, because none of the ones I've heard on videos have been anything that I would choose. It should be like karaoke, where you have a menu of songs to choose from.

I wish I could have had a list to choose a song or something, because none of the ones I've heard on videos have been anything that I would choose. It should be like karaoke, where you have a menu of songs to choose from.

Cost for licensing for most of the songs that you would norm want to choose from is what Im getting at! Soo.. then I guess my next question for this thread would be... and not to have you tell me what bands that you HAVE used because that MIGHT be illegal ;) So say you have seen some RANDOM video that had good music to it... what was the band that was playing? :) IF you could license just 1 song for your skydiving video projects.. what would it be? and for x tra credit ..:)
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

Thank you for the pointer to the video forum... yes there are a ton of questions/answers. Sooo , I will go there for a lot of the info that I was looking for..thanks! But please, feel free to continue to comment on thread if you would like. Thanks again for the input! Greatly appreciated!