bodypilot1

Instructors log book notes.....

I ran into this problem with logging jumps this past weekend. Mind you, I'm a coach, not an instructor (yet!). The past entry in the log book by the instructor was only basic info (jump #, date, plane, level #, hard deck, etc...) and a signature. I was so dissappointed. Come to find out (the hard way) this guy had a hard time arching on exit. I talked to the instructor afterwards about the jump, and he said, yeah he's had that problem in the past. Nice if I had known!

I always to make sure to give details on the jump, both good and not good things that took place.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

Practice touches are important, I think, anyway. I had no problem with them at all ....for a bit .... good PRACTICE touch on my level C-1 jump, BUT fumbled like a blind man when real pull time came! Instructor flew over and pulled for me!

I will do PRCTs forever after that one! Regardless of level or rating! That is where the lifesaving part comes in!
Live deliberately; Dare greatly; Land gently
SkyPainter
SOS 1304, POPS 10695, DS 118

Not that anyone has questioned it, but Ed's logbook entries rock. While I was slightly annoyed a first at "loosing" a page in my logbook (stupid, I know) due to the detailed and verbose nature of his entry (2 large pages), it was well worth while.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Yeah. On my Cat B dive Saturday, the instructor told me to practice-touch at least 40 times in an arch-like position while geared up and waiting on the ground. Tired me out, actually, but I did that and was glad. It was nowhere near where I expected it to be (right on my ass and higher than I expected), but after all that practice, I went right to it on the dive for a perfect deployment. Like you, from now on, I'm going to do that. Not 10 practices; at least 40. (It also kept me busy while waiting anxiously for the load. Smart instructor!)