skysparky

injuries on what tandem canopies?

I've only been jumping the set-400 and an aerodyne and I know they sometimes get flaky in turbulence. Does anyone know what canopy folded up on the pair last year and caused the fatality? What is the general impression of the different tandem canopies?

I've flown the set-400, Aerodyne A2 and the Icarus 365 and 400. I've found the set to be far more stable in turbulence. It's a freakin' battle axe and so far I would take it over any other tandem canopy. That being said I only have about 650 tandem jumps.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

HOP to me is definately the best in turbulence. In any condition actually. I have about 675 tandems.

are you freaking kidding? they are terribl in turbulance. admittadly i have only flown them a dozen times or so but i have witnessed literally many thoudand of thier landings and they do not hesitate to flod in half in turbulance.

and to answer an earlier question i am pretty sure it was a hop 330 that the the fatality last year were under.

don't get me wrong i reallylike the hop, it opens and flys and flaresreally nice but in turbulance give me a set 400 or an ez384 anyday!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Yeah I'm sooo kidding.:P No, really. I probably only put about 25 or so jumps on the one I had to demo, but it seemed to just cut through everything. Under anything else, (SET, Icarus) I bounce around like a crazy person.
I haven't seen anyone else really jump one so it could have just been a fluke weird thing for while I had it.:S