darnknit

TI's: handle checks after/during deployment?

My "Obi Wan" is VERY professional when it comes to teaching whether it be AFF or Tandems.:)
"Obi Wan" Maybe a very professional teacher, but it's all down to the student and their ability to practise what they are taught in a professional way, always ready to listern and open to learning new ideas, one who knows when they have made a mistake and open to learning from that mistake, and doing your handle checks at all times when needed.;)

Why are you responding to me? I said I thought it was unprofessional to unhook the lats w/o prior warning. The next poster said "you will do well young jedi.... " based on my response. Although your info is good, I'm not sure why you are addressing it to me????:S

steveOrino

Why are you responding to me? I said I thought it was unprofessional to unhook the lats w/o prior warning. The next poster said "you will do well young jedi.... " based on my response. Although your info is good, I'm not sure why you are addressing it to me????:S

hell if I can remember, I was drunk when I posted. I do agree with you though

check the rig on ground,after putting on,in plane on ride up,just before moving to exit,drogue at door.Check again after drogue deploy and then when under canopy always aware where stud hands are
TQ
I am me and you are you, so deal with it!!!
www.skydivepe.com

I do them constantly from the time I grab the rig to the time I pull the droug release. I also watch the cutaway and reserve handles under canopy. I also instruct my students to keep thier hands belowe thier shoulders after opening. nothing worse than seeing your student grab the cutaway and or the reserve handle after opening.
I do 1 in freefall on every jump.
Being an Examinor I tend to watch for handle checks on mine and others video's. I find that most TI's dont do handle checks. I travel a lot and always take time to remind instructors about the value of handle checks. most times it is well recieved but some times I get that who the fuck do you think you are attitutide.

It is funny when I jump some where new and the camera guy backs off expecting me to deploy because he isnt used to seeing TI's touch their handles.

Chris

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421