aironscott

Strong Tandem Instructors

Like a lot of people here in this forum, I read the employment classifieds on a semi regular basis. Having made my living at this for several years I want to know what my employement options may be.
But, Does anyone else notice that when dzo's are looking for Strong Tandem masters they are specific in their ads about you being Strong rated? It seems to me that when a dz uses strong rigs (especialy an established dz) they want potential Tdm Is to know up front that they use Strong rigs. We had this thread a few weeks ago about what systems were the best but we haven't talked about it in a while. I just think that a tell tale sign about the gear is when in the advert a dz is exclamating up front that they are strong. Often times to me it sounds like a take-it-or-leave-it type of proposal. We jump strongs and if you don't, don't come here.
Just an obversation and I'm sure there will be some differing opinions.
“God Damn Mountain Dew MotherFuckers!”

It's really more of information than anything else. It lets potential TI's know what system they need to know if they want to work there. To get cross trained is relatively easy, so it's no real problem.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I don't see it as any different than any potential employer letting you know the educational or vocational requisites for the job.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It's got nothing to do with take-it-or-leave it, we jump Strong systems, therefore we need Strong rated instructors.

Truck driver job postings ask for truck drivers with commercial licenses. Same thing - not "take-it-or-leave-it."

If they are RWS rated and not Strong rated, then they are no good to me, so do not bother to call unless you are willing to get the other rating.

TK