robby

Tandem instructor

I'm interested to be tandem instructor.
Does anybody know what is a chance to live in USA only from tandem jumps, and where is the best place(in USA) for tandem rating, and place for tandem jumping for whole year?
I currently live in Serbia(Europe),and will come in USA probably this summer.

Thanks

Here's how many of my generation became skydiving instructors. Sell everything you own and move to good sized DZ. Buy an old car and sleep in it for 2 years in the DZ parking lot. Eat only Top Ramen noodles as you work your way up the Instructor ladder.

After twenty years (by which time you may have moved up to living in an old trailer) you'll be on top of your game. But, you'll still be eating Top Ramen Noodles . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

After twenty years (by which time you may have moved up to living in an old trailer) you'll be on top of your game. But, you'll still be eating Top Ramen Noodles . . .

Too true, I got smart and found a job during the week so I could afford being an instructor weekends. Now what I make as an instructor goes right back into gear and jumps. I just can't imagine making a living as a tandem instructor alone. I know it can be done and I wished I could have pulled it off. The year I worked as a full time instructor rocked, though the girlfriend of the time didn't see the fun in it. I don't know what her problem was, I had no problem with her paying for everything :P

since he spent what little money he did earn on beer.

But if there is a good AFF Instructor working on the DZ, he'll have all the beer covered by his AFF grads!;):D

Ed

....but only if the weather holds long enough for them to complete that last Level!
eg. Skylord has been trying for weeks; technically for months.:ph34r:

Have there been any studies on the long term effects (like possibly osteoporosis) of eating only Top Ramen Noodles (dry? or with water?) and peanut butter?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone