Deuce

Upcoming AFF instructor rating courses?

I can't make the training at my home DZ in August cause I'll be out of town. The course at Skydance is out cause I'll be in Perris that weekend.

I'm thinking about the course offering in San Diego the last weekend in June. Anything else coming up in California that may not be on the USPA site yet?

Deucey,
I've had some scheduling conflicts also... I might do something with Jay that's not on the schedule around the 2nd week of June when I'm done with teaching. Let me know if you're interested. (At Elsinore most likely)
peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Figured this was as good a place as any to mention that even though JP can't be there, Byron will be offering the AFF Course August 9th - 15th. Plan on taking the week off and spending $1,000 between practice jumps, fees and materials.. Contact me for further info. :)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Skydive SoCal will be offering a AFF pre-course for the AFF Certification Course. The pre-course will be with the Course Director Jay Stokes and the course dates are May 31 - June 7.

Feel free to contact me at 619-710-4390 or you can visit our web site at

www.skydivesoutherncalifornia.com

Hey, Remi.

The pre-course covers some very important stuff about teaching freefall that only guys like Jay Stokes know. There is about half a day of classroom the first two days, and then practice jumps until you know you are ready to attempt the evaluation jumps, or for about half the men who started my course, the ability to take an incomplete until the skills are aquired.

It is a very, very challenging evaluation.

I got there Monday pretty late, for the last bit of the classroom part, and then did a practice jump. I did classroom Tuesday morning until about 10, and then did 3 practice jumps along with helping out with video on one or two jumps. Practice jumps Wednesday and then the course director told me he thought I was ready for the eval jumps and did the Category 3 evaluation jump on the reserve side with a guy who was still practicing on the main side. I passed. On Thursday I passed the Cat C main side and took and failed the Cat D eval. Took my Cat D mulligan on Thursday afternoon and passed it.

There are 4 chances to pass the three jumps. I used them all.

Did my ground instruction stuff on Friday morning and came home.

I have learned to do some complicated and dangerous things in my life, and have had some great, and some truly shitty trainers.

Jay Stokes is among the great ones.

Thx Deucy.... looks like the pre course covers what we do as part of the PFF course in Canada. We have (or should have) 8 hours of theory, some drill (some 2 and 3 ways to get the aggressivity up) and practice jumps (spin recovery, inverted spin recovery and flip); then 6 evaluation jumps: 4 2/1s (2 main, 2 reserve) and 2 1/1s. We have the possibility of 2 re-jumps but not on the same jump.

Our course was plagued with bad weather so we managed to strech the theory over 3 days B|.

The course was at my DZ and we have the luxury to have some extremely experienced PFFI there who pretty much developed it back in the 80s in Alberta with Laidlaw. Danile Paquette must have thousandsss of PFF jumps now.:S
Remster