Skyrose7

helmet

Sorry, but such statements make me fear for the future of skydiving. The cypres is an absolute last-ditch backup, and to think that you don't need a helmet because you have a cypres is like thinking it's safe to drive drunk because you have an airbag.

Agreed. You know, I "got away" with jumping for 18 years before I finally got a cypres one Christmas. While I think it's "nice" to have, I still jump quite often without one in my pond rig. People who rely on double and triple redundancy to save their lives in case they forget to pull their string might ought to take up golf. This sport is not forgiving of mistakes, therefore we must all be 100% sure of our abilities in order to enjoy the type of longevity I and others have had.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

Agreed... I'd rather jump with people in helmets so I know if the jump funnels there is minimal protection from shoes, other helmets, rigs, whatever, from knocking the other jumpers out. I'm always disappointed to see graduates ditch all the gear they can as soon as they can. (Helmet, jumpsuit, shoes, big canopies)
Political Correctness - At least one person at any one time will be offended by something