upndownshop

Wonder if we will see these again?

South florida Parachute,Inc.@ Airglades Airport,Clewiston,Fl.1962/3.Jerry used to stop by and make a few jumps when he was driving a Semi for TI showing of their stuff. POPPENHAGER D47

I've seen a photo of the TI truck. Jim West at Green County in Ohio said the same thing when I pulled up in SunPath's white RV back in 2005. Guessing that was the early 60's when Jerry made the rounds. Thanks for the info, wonder if I can track down where he went those couple of years?

>:(

Rule #3 SUCKS!

:D

There was a time at Titusville when you could manifest, buy a ticket, and get a beer at the same window at the same time.
The 5th jump was a little hazy. ;)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

York Skydivers (York Pa) was $4.00 to 7200 for visiting jumpers. For club members, it was $3.50.

$6 to 12,500, but we were told not to expect to do much RW since the air was so thin. You'd have to schedule a whole load, usually of people who needed some 60 second delays for their licenses. We may have run 6 loads to 12.5 all year.

First jump course $35, and your static lines were $6, which killed me.

I jump at Maytown DZ today. We run 2 182's, and a ride to 10K is $18. At our rate of $8 and $1 per thousand, 4K is only $12. A ride to 13K is $25.

Yup. Poppenhagers in Indiantown FL.The place to be in its time. Not sure if Pops still posting here but if so he would remember the day I rode a double malfunction down. A Mae west in a modified 7T-U spinning so fast that as I grabbed the reserve to catch it and pulled it ended up wrapped around me like a shroud. Luckily for me the strip was muddy and I landed hard but unbroken. I peeled down the canopy and stepped out of it, picked it up and walked to pop at the shed, tossed it down and asked for my $5 rental fee back. He said "Hell, I saved you $10. If it was yours I'd. Charge $15 to repack it.
Then we both laughed.