firemaster

So long Hinckley...

According to the website; http://www.skydivecsc.com/updates/blog.php
skydiving in Hinckley, Il. is no more...sniff sniff.

The time has come to bid a fond farewell to skydiving over Hinckley, Illinois. After a 42 year rich history of skydiving, endless memories, and lifelong friendships - it's time to move on to bigger and better things. We invite everyone to join us Saturday, November 13th to celebrate our history and usher in the new era of CSC. Please bring old videos, photos, and memories. We are having a pot-luck dinner and our annual chili cookoff competition, so don't come empty handed. This place has meant so much to so many people. We look forward to sharing those memories as well as discussing the future plans of CSC including the new location!

ken

I have a lot of very good memories of Hinckley and it's jumpers...

It's where I first met and jumped with Roger & Carl...B|

Roger, Carl, Jim (Bohr), Red (Kostiba), Pat and Jan Works to name a few...

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I have a lot of very good memories of Hinckley and it's jumpers...

It's where I first met and jumped with Roger & Carl...B|

Roger, Carl, Jim (Bohr), Red (Kostiba), Pat and Jan Works to name a few...

Yup...I got my Instructor rating from Rick Oslavich (sp)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

There was another guy, Jim Whiting (I think) that I jumped with who was living at a University near Aurora. I remember Bill Buchmann taking the Loadstar somewhere one day and Jim and I hitched a ride and jumped into Jim's dorm. Surprised a few pedestrians when we touched down on the street at the campus. The good old days.

Instructor rating. Hmmm, I trained and put students out at Z-Hills FL, Rainbow WI, Hinkley IL, Downsville MD, and probably others and never had a rating or even a license. 1000 jumps and I would not be able to do what an A license holder is allowed to right now ;)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Jim Whiting

Sounds like something Jim would do, he was from up that way, I met him in 1979 in Hawaii, he was living there full time then and ran the party in paradise boogie event... Sadly in 1981 he was killed in 85 hotel D-18 crash.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Yup...I got my Instructor rating from Rick Oslavich (sp)

Yes, how I remember Rick "Olchovik", what a guy. Has it been 18 years already? Had Pizza at his house the night before we lost him.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

The first person in the sport I ever talked to (on the phone) was Pat Works. Jan J/M me on one of my first jumps and 'Whitey' was my FJI.

Betty Girrusso ran manifest on weekends sometimes and I eventually became friends with them too, 10 years later at Elsinore.

Fortunately, I never met Pat until about 10 years later :-) and we became friends, although I still have problems understanding just what he says; although it sure does sound 'purdy' :-)

It's a shame to lose any DZ but this one had a lot of history.

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166