collinb

old photographs..

I got a cool new town for christmas....it came early. A nice scanner that can scan 35mm slides. I've started scanning all my old 35mm slides and came across these of Pope Valley from March 79, these are raw scans as I haven't cleaned up the slides yet or scanned in high resolution.
it was a fun trip for a newbie brit jumper!

Wow! Thanks for the flashback memories.

My last visit to Pope Valley was the summer of 78, I was with the Coolidge Arizona crowd.

Got any pictures from 1976 through 78? So I can look for ME!B|

I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Thanks for these; I hope to see more. It's amazing how good a "consumer" scanner is these days; I have an Epson 4490 Photo.
I hope you have or will get Photoshop or something similar to help make your pictures even better. Attached is a quick 'n dirty modification of one of your pix. As for higher resolution -- this one was 96 dpi. For the web, 72 is pretty standard. (I've scanned some my old slides at 300 dpi anticipating I might want to see them in a printed book or magazine some time.)
I wish I had Pope pix; I spent a few days there in 1976 but don't seem to have taken any.

HW

HW, I have the tools to improve these but right now I'm going through 3 boxes of photos and, mainly, slides just finding what I have. Once I have them sorted out I'll start "re-claiming" the better ones.
Glad you enjoyed them
Collin

p.s. none from the US pre-these at Pope as I was living in UK back then. I have a bunch from the 80/81 period at Archway Parachuting when I was living in St. Louis. Then it goes quiet until I started jumping again about 5 years ago at SkyDance.

Here are a couple old pix I found while packing for the "big" move....

The first is my Dad giving me and my older sis our first "packing class". I'm about 2 1/2.

The second is me in a rig my Dad built me for a Halloween costume, chest mount and all!
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

Here are a couple old pix I found while packing for the "big" move....
The first is my Dad giving me and my older sis our first "packing class". I'm about 2 1/2.
The second is me in a rig my Dad built me for a Halloween costume, chest mount and all!

The pack job is being done very neatly - good work.
The kiddie rig is very cool. Do you still have that?

What's your Dad's name?

Haven't seen the "kiddie rig" in quite some time.[:/]

However, my dad's name is Hale Castleman D1070 GW601

He ran the first jump school at West Point (Skydive the Point) back in the '70's.

I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

Pretty cool pictures. Love the front of the "Lodge" with the sign. Almost teared up at that sight.

Love the old days. Miss parts of 'em. The last photo with people standing around under the clouds.... I see Doug Chandler on the right in blue plaid shirt. Seems to be reading something. Probably talking to Mary. Just to the viewer's left of Doug is Ron Ardizonne looking towards the motel. Ron is talking with (???), shit. I'll remember tomorrow. The guy with his back to the camera in the two tone brown vest sure could be Ken Hilsey, but can't be sure. I also recognize the ass of the girl to the left in the red shirt. You never forget a nice butt. That round fuzzy head of hair next to the butt, could be ME!

I've still got a box of 30 or 40 t-shirts from those days. Maybe I'll take some pictures, of 'em.

I didn't seem to know the guys in the exit shot. Looks like it started nice an tight but all that 'Z-ing out' sure slows down the first point. Might only have been one point planned.

Mike Eakins
Pope Valley '75 -'79
M. I. '77, '79, '81
D-5870 CCS-3

Pretty cool pictures. Love the front of the "Lodge" with the sign. Almost teared up at that sight.

Love the old days. Miss parts of 'em. The last photo with people standing around under the clouds.... I see Doug Chandler on the right in blue plaid shirt. Seems to be reading something. Probably talking to Mary. Just to the viewer's left of Doug is Ron Ardizonne looking towards the motel. Ron is talking with (???), shit. I'll remember tomorrow. The guy with his back to the camera in the two tone brown vest sure could be Ken Hilsey, but can't be sure. I also recognize the ass of the girl to the left in the red shirt. You never forget a nice butt. That round fuzzy head of hair next to the butt, could be ME!

I've still got a box of 30 or 40 t-shirts from those days. Maybe I'll take some pictures, of 'em.

I didn't seem to know the guys in the exit shot. Looks like it started nice an tight but all that 'Z-ing out' sure slows down the first point. Might only have been one point planned.

Mike Eakins
Pope Valley '75 -'79
M. I. '77, '79, '81
D-5870 CCS-3

Hi Mike,
Can't tell if that's Doug, didn't meet him till a few years later at Perris. The guy in the brown vest is Paul "Wog" Stromberg (the late, got killed in a motorcycle accident a few years ago), on his right is Mark Sechler(got killed at Perris a few years ago in a landing accident) and the guy on the left with the beard I believe is Willie Morgan. That photo I think was from that "Girls Meet" and I was there with my (at the time) wife Chris. I have some fotos from the gig and I'l have to dig into my archives to check them out again. If I can get them copied, I'll post them here.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out