lucky508

Packing a POD?

I packed a pod many times long ago, but I don't have any instructions. It simply boiled down to a series of neat folds. The only hard part was keeping the stabilizers neat when folding them. It isn't a hard thing to pack though.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Dude, a POD is just a very long bag, make the same S-folds on top of each other just a little longer than the POD and slide them into the POD like a regular bag, use the same respect with crown lines as you would with the top of canopy bridle.
Keep it clean and organized and try to keep all the lines in the center as you stack the folds.

Its All Good :)
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

What he said, but all my POD's open up all the way and lay flat. If yours is the same, open it all up and slide it down the crowns to the apex and dress under the canopy so it's laying out flat, then make your folds like Arvel said, close side flaps then the or locking flap or California flap (if you have one), stow lines and crowns. You find POD's are easy to use and faster then sleeves to pack, less bulk over all and work quite well.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I have sleeves, POD's & D-bagged PC's each has there own pro's and con's. For example, Packing my Jumbo PC in it's sleeve into a style master is no fuss. Now packing my PAP in a sleeve into my Paratwin (piggy) is a bitch and a half and if it's not folded just right in there it's a hell of a work out! So I can see down the road putting the PAP into a POD for easy container closing. And my SST has a MK1 in a D-bag, to those who never packed a shit load of T-10's in direct bags, they think stuffing that MK1 into a d-bag is a pain, while I find it easy. My T-10 is in a sleeve and you can't get much easier then that.....;)

thanks for the info guys. I packed it as described. the POD lays flat and I S folded it like a chest reserve except starting with the apex. It will take me a couple of times to get the sizing just right but it closed up just fine. (that's a LOT of velcro!) Stowing the crown and suspension lines was strait foreword. The only part that bothers me is just folding the stabilizers and lines on top and then closing it up. I know that if the stabilizers and lines get mixed up it's malfunction junction. A friend of mine that has over 1000 PC jumps was giving the POD the harry eyeball. He said he never jumped those things and didn't like them. It made me a little nervous. :P

We'll see how it goes soon. I'll post some pics of the POD etc next time I pack it.

ATW,
Cael

Not S folded on it's side like a wart, S fold it on top of the apex and work your way down to the stabs and they go on top with those few bits of line, then close it up.

The way your talking sounds like a d-bag stuff, with the canopy on it's side. Your S folds should look just like a "stack packed" main only bigger.;)

Stratostar,
I guess I need to do a better job of explaining. :P I did start with the apex on the bottom at the top of the POD but S folded it on top of itself similar to the way the canopy is stacked in a chest reserve ending with the stabilizers on top. I didn't stow it the side to side way it's done in a D bag.

Thanks,
Cael

Yes I misunderstood your post. Sounds like yo ugot then, on the other hand, the other way would work fine but sure would be hard to control the stabs and lines......:D Might be fun to watch though.