cosmo22

Cowboys Caravan

Hi

I never had a problem playing with my nickel (life) when I was jumping.

But I expect the airplane to be we'll maintained and the pilot to be qualified to have enough experience to handle a inflight emergency.

We pay our money to the DZ and IMO they have no right to play with my nickel.

Sounds likw cowboy was playing with his nickel and everyone else's that was on the load, IMO thats BS.>:(

If a person doesn't want to wear a seatbelt on T.O. and secure their helmet. To bad your putting other people at risk not just your self.:)

Given the clogged filter (sludge), regardless the fuel storage situation at WWSPC, I think it's a safe bet to speculate Cowboy was cutting corners. [:/]

If I recall correctly, when Cowboy got in the plane to fly to that boogie there was a note on the yoke explaining that there was fuel contamination and he flew it anyway. So yes, you might say he was sloppy on maintenance.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Given the clogged filter (sludge), regardless the fuel storage situation at WWSPC, I think it's a safe bet to speculate Cowboy was cutting corners. [:/]

And you're right about the links in a chain.

Where did that "sunpooped" come from? :S

Not sure, I never put that in my original post. Gremlins!!!!
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!

Just finished reading the "Bluegrass Conspiracy". Interesting book and if what is written was true I gotta say that most of those characters were fucking nuts ! Never seen an operation like that run so sloppily and reckless as those guys were running it.
I mean a guy knocks on a farmers door and offers $50K to the guy to look the other way and expects he's gonna keep quiet??? Aircraft used once and burned up or ditched, indiscriminate mouth running to everyone with three times the people needed to pull off an operation all aware of most of the details, screwing with the Cartel....flaunting the smuggling to authorities and more and more and more....
Anyway it was an interesting read but I gotta say they deserved all the shit that came down on em....a great way NOT to run a smuggling ring.

Jon,
Right you are Jon, exactly what the book came across like, no doubt they thought they were invincible and yes, that got them what that gets them....
Just the outfit that Drew had on when he went in could speak volumes about what that man was up to.
Brad was a little less freaky but both of them but definitely had a laissez-faire attitude along with an autonomous attitude which in the end did them in.
What would have happened had they lived would make an interesting read but we'll never know that one.....

Ya had to know the players Bill. Humility was NOT their strong suit. The two heavies I knew considered themselves far far smarter than the rest of us and you see where it got them.

jon

That is an understatement for sure.
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!